Several reviewers have said that Losing Face should be on the National Curriculum. I can't seem to find out how a book is considered for the NC, so I am going to start at the bottom and work up!
- Yes, I have already started with pupils, who say they like the book and have talked to their teachers
- I am sending out a review copy to each of those teachers who express any interest (within reason!)
- I propose to go into schools to do readings - overcoming my fear of being too old to read the part of a 15-year old
- I shall send a book to my old school. They won't remember me, a few decades after I failed to achieve a great deal there, but it might encourage someone else who wants to write.
- I am following up the suggestion from the lovely Kate of Children@Heffers and going into some Cambridge Schools - she said she will recommend me
- I think I can track down at least one English Adviser who will be thoroughly lobbied
- And I will certainly find a signed copy for Michael Gove!!
So, on with the new plan, and if that doesn't spread the message to those who need to hear, well, I have a plan B . . .
But that's a long enough blog for today. Enjoy your reading and may all your writings land neatly in front of eager consumers.