Wednesday 31 August 2011

Losing Face is on its way!

This has been a month of holidays, people coming to stay and times organising various events, but in between it all I have been signing the contract with o-books, uploading my final version of Losing Face and then reading the copy edited version that came back very quickly for me to look at.  I was impressed.  After some really helpful emails with the copy editor, I fiddled around with it a bit (it was rather difficult to leave it alone!) and it has now gone to the design stage!
Although I have had non-fiction published before, this is my first novel and it is rather complicated with emails from two very different girls trying to work through their trauma by writing down what has happened to them.   My advice?  Don't ever write a book like this - I have had two timelines running throughout and so many themes and back stories that I kept getting a little lost myself.
Having said that, if you are a writer, write what inspires you! 
So far, o-books have been brilliant.  They are not nearly as impersonal as their website suggests and they will 'listen' (via email) if you do not think their offer is what you would like.  I am now very pleased to only be paying for some extra advertising services I want, despite this being my first novel and therefore a risk to them.
So watch this space for a publication date.  My next challenge will be to sound like a teenager when doing readings!  I never thought about that when I wrote in the characters' voices . . .


Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment